Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Grandchildren and Birthday Cakes


One of the joys of life is seeing the looks on the faces of your grandchildren when you present them with a birthday cake designed especially for them. Every cake is made with an extra cup of love, and seeing their eyes light up when they see the cakes is worth every bit of all of the work that goes into these special creations. Since most of my grandchildren are far away, I don't always get to design cakes for them, but for right now, I do have 4 of the 14 nearby. And when I am fortunate to visit on one of their birthdays, Grandma sometimes gets to bake a cake at their home, even though those are not as deatiled as the ones I make at home.

Here is a sampling of some "Grandma Cakes". . .








The joy on their faces is worth everything...








No comments: